The Vassar-Wesleyan Program in Paris (VWPP) is run jointly by Vassar College and Wesleyan University and is located in Reid Hall. It is based on a comprehensive or whole-life approach to study abroad and has three goals:
– to allow students to study all aspects of French civilization : politics, art, literature, cinema, history…
– to bring students into direct contact with French and European life, heightening their understanding of French society, but also of the United States in relation to other countries and cultures.
– to help students to become near-native speakers of the French language.
The goals are obtained through various components of the program :
– taking courses in French universities
– courses and tutoring sessions at Reid Hall
– cultural activities such as day trips, theater performances, initiation to French cooking
– doing an internship
– and of course, housing with a French-speaking host
We also expect students to speak only French during their stay.
Students may participate in the program for either one semester (fall or spring) or two semesters.